ESF, the European Spring Federation, is a Federation of European National Spring Associations. Its membership comprises National Spring Associations of Austria, Finland, France, Germany, Italy and Spain as well as associated Members from Denmark, Poland, Sweden, Swiss and United Kingdom. The objective of the Federation is to look after and further the economic, professional and scientific interests of its members at European and International level. In particular the organisation is focusing on the following areas of interest.
- To be a forum for the exchange of marketing information on manufacturers, buyers and suppliers in the spring industry.
- To provide statistics on the European spring industry and to monitor imports of springs from outside Europe and the export of springs from Europe.
- To provide information on sector growth, technology and market opportunities in the spring industry.
- To obtain early information on and influence any EU decisions affecting the spring industry.
- To negotiate research contracts from the EU on behalf of the EU members of the ESF.
- To organise exhibitions, seminars, fact finding missions, conferences and any other event of benefit to its members.
- To promote and participate in standardisation relating to springs and spring materials by co-ordinating its members efforts in this area.
- To organise joint research and technical development.
- To promote policies intended to enhance the profile of the European Spring Industry.